In this lesson we will show the process to edit and make selected data points visible in a graph or chart in excel by using Chart filter. Let’s first start with a 3-D Pie chart we have for Example, displaying the Flood relief fund expenses for each category as follows.
- Now Click anywhere on this chart.
- Click on Chart Filters icon
- It will open the list of categories to filter. By default all are selected since all categories are present in the pie chart as exist in the source table.
- Now we can uncheck any number of categories and keep only those based on which we need to filter the graph. Like here we have unchecked two categories (Medicines & Shelter) and kept selected the rest three.
- Click Apply
- See how the Pie chart looks now. It only contains the categories selected in Chart Filter.
- In same way we will now see how to apply chart filter for a Line chart showing the keyboard sale count variation in 2 cities, Delhi and Kolkata.
- Here we have filtered only the keyboards sold in Delhi. And we have also excluded the year 2018. So the resulted chart is showing the variance of keyboard sale count in Delhi over the years 2017, 2019 & 2020.
- The demonstrated process of using chart filter is the same for all graphs and charts in excel like stacked line chart, 100% stacked line chart, Area chart, stacked area chart, Pie chart and so on.