Let’s say we have the below dataset in the table. It contains the number of sales of the keyboard in 4 consecutive years in 2 metro cities in India.
Now to create the Stacked Line chart based on the above table please follow the below steps.
- Select the entire table(A1:C5)
- Click the insert tab in menu bar
- In the Chart group, click the ‘Insert Line or Area Chart’ icon
4. Select the chart style as ‘Stacked Line’ Under 2-D Line.
5. The chart will look like below. You can edit the Chart Title on top of the chart as we edited the chart title as “Stacked Line Chart”. This is the visual representation of the proportion of the keyboard sales in each city to the overall sales. Here we can see the overall sale for any given year. For example 510(210 in Delhi + 300 in Kolkata) is the total sale for the year of 2017.
6. You can create the stacked line chart with Markers by selecting the chart style as ‘Stacked Line with Markers’ Under 2-D Line.
7. The Stacked Line chart with markers will look like below.
- We must NOT provide any column header for the leftmost column of the table which we need to display as X-axis in the line chart.