For example, we have a line chart showing the keyboard sale count variation in 2 cities, Delhi and Kolkata.
To remove the gridlines from this chart please follow the below steps.
- Right Click on the gridlines area in the chart.
2. Here click ‘Format Gridlines’.
3. Formatting options for Gridlines will appear in right hand side of the worksheet.
4. By default Automatic is selected for Line. You can change it to any of the available options as per your requirement. In our case, we need there will be no gridlines in our chart. So we have selected ‘No Line’ here and as you can see the gridlines have been removed from the plot area in our Line chart.
5. In case you need to open the formatting options related to the section of your graph you need to format from a different formatting options panel, you can click on the down arrow beside Options and select the Formatting options for your required section. For example here we are navigating to Gridlines formatting Options(Vertical Axis Major Gridlines) from Plot Area Formatting Options.
- The demonstrated process of removing gridlines is same for stacked line chart, 100% stacked line chart, Area chart, stacked area chart and so on.