Excel provides the feature to embed another file or document inside the spreadsheet.
- Click inside the cell of the spreadsheet where you want to place the document.
- Go to ‘Insert’ tab.Click on ‘Object’ in the ‘Text’ group.
- ‘Object’ dialog box will open. Click the tab ‘Create from File tab’.
- Select the file you want to insert.
- Click on the checkbox ‘Display as icon’.
For example we have few samples.Each one of them has its own layout defined in microsoft word document file.Layout files are inserted against each sample as described above. Now if you want to see details click on the icon ,layout will open in details.