For example, we have a line chart showing the keyboard sale count variation in 2 cities, Delhi and Kolkata.
To format titles and legends of this line chart please follow the below steps
- Right Click on the chart title
- You can fill up the chart title with intended color from ‘Fill’. The border color of the chart title can be chosen from ‘Outline’ and you can choose the theme for the chart title from the themes available in ‘Style’
3. Alternatively you can click on ‘Format Chart Title’. The Format window will be opened at the right side of the worksheet. There you will get several more options to format the chart title.
4. Now you can click the down arrow beside Options in the current Format window and navigate to Horizontal Axis Title/ Vertical Axis Title/ Legend to open the format option window for the same.
5. Alternatively you can right click on each of the title/legend you need to format and fill up the same with colors from ‘Fill’ or add borders from ‘Outline’ option or for more formatting options open the format window upon clicking the respective Format section like Format Legend/Format Axis Title and so on.
6. You can also navigate from one formatting options to another by clicking the dropdown and selecting the required section from the list as follows.
7. We have formatted the chart title, legend, vertical and horizontal axis titles in our graph as follows.
- The demonstrated process of formatting chart title, legend, axis titles is the same for stacked line chart, 100% stacked line chart, Area chart, stacked area chart and so on.