Let’s say we have the below dataset in the table. It contains Flood relief fund expenses for each category.
Now to create the Pie chart based on the above table please follow the below steps.
- Select the entire table(A1:B6)
- Click the insert tab in menu bar
- In the Charts group, click the ‘Insert Pie or Doughnut Chart’ icon
4. Select the chart style as ‘Pie’ Under 2-D Pie.
5. The chart will look like below. You can edit the Chart Title on top of the chart.
6. The color codes for each section are mentioned just below the Pie chart. If you change the order of the rows in the table, the order of plotting colors in the Pie chart will also change. For example we have switched the position of the Cloths and transportation in the table. Now see below, the color codes have been interchanged as well.
7. Here you can control the position of the legends to appear in the chart. Legends means defining the color codes for each section of the Pie Chart. Click on the Pie Chart and then click on the ‘+’ symbol appeared. From here you can modify the chart elements like Chart Title, data Labels and Legends.
8. By default the legends comes at the bottom of the Pie Chart. Now we have selected the Legend to be displayed on Right of the Pie Chart as follows.