Let’s say we have the below dataset in the table. It contains the number of sales of the keyboard in 4 consecutive years in 2 metro cities in India.
Now to create the 3D line chart based on the above table please follow the below steps.
- Select the entire table(A1:C5)
- Click the insert tab in menu bar
- In the Chart group, click the ‘Insert Line or Area Chart’ icon
4. Select the chart style as ‘3-D Line’ Under 3-D Line.
5. The chart will look like below. The X-axis which is the horizontal axis shows the year and the Y-axis which is the vertical axis shows the sale count. You can edit the Chart Title on top of the chart as we edited the chart title as “3D Line Chart”. In this example, the 3D line chart in Excel is useful to show the comparison of the trend in change of sale count over the years in 2 cities.
6. The color codes for kolkata and Delhi sale count variations are mentioned just below the 3D line chart. If you change the order of the columns, the order of plotting colors in the 3D Line chart will also change(see below).
- We must NOT provide any column header for the leftmost column of the table which we need to display as X-axis in the 3D line chart.
- Click here to check the 2D form of Line Chart.