Let’s say we have the below dataset in the table. It contains the price of the keyboard in 4 consecutive years in 2 metro cities in India.
Now to create the 3-D Area Chart based on the above table please follow the below steps.
- Select the entire table(A1:C5)
- Click the insert tab in menu bar
- In the Chart group, click the ‘Insert Line or Area Chart’ icon
4. Select the chart style as ‘3-D Area’ Under 3-D Area.
5. The chart will look like below. The X-axis which is the horizontal axis shows the year and the Y-axis which is the vertical axis shows the Prices. You can edit the chart title like we did as ‘3-D Area Chart’. In this example the 3-D Area Chart in Excel is useful to show the comparison of the trend in change of price over the years in 2 cities.
6. The color codes for Kolkata and Delhi keyboard price variations are mentioned just below the 3-D Area Chart. If you change the order of the columns, the order of plotting colors in the 3-D Area Chart will also change(See below).
- We must NOT provide any column header for the leftmost column of the table which we need to display as X-axis in the 3-D Area Chart.
- Click here to check the 2D form of Area Chart.