The CHOOSE Function is used to choose a value from a list based on it’s position number in both Excel & Google Sheet.
- index_num – A number indicating the index of the value to choose. It must be a number between 1 and 254, or a formula or reference to a cell containing a number between 1 and 254.
- value1 – The first value from which to choose. This argument can be numbers, cell references, defined names, formulas, functions, or text.
- value2 – [optional] The second value from which to choose.
In the below example we have used CHOOSE function to choose the value which corresponds to the index reference of cell A7 from the list of B2 to B14.
- If index_num is out of range, , CHOOSE returns the #VALUE! Error.
- If index_num is a fraction, it is truncated to the lowest integer before being used.