Let’s say we have the below dataset in the table. It contains the number of sales of the keyboard in 4 consecutive years in 2 metro cities in India.
Now to create the 3-D Column Chart based on the above table please follow the below steps.
- Select the entire table(A1:C5)
- Click the insert tab in menu bar
- In the Chart group, click the ‘Insert Column or Bar Chart’ icon
4. Select the chart style as ‘3-D Column’ Under 3-D Column.
5. The chart will look like below. The X-axis which is the horizontal axis shows the year and the Y-axis which is the vertical axis shows the sale count. You can edit the Chart Title on top of the chart as we edited the chart title as “3-D Column Chart”. In this example, the 3-D Column chart in Excel is useful to show the comparison of the sale count over the years in 2 cities.
6. The color codes for kolkata and Delhi sale count variations are mentioned just below the 3-D Column chart. If you change the order of the columns, the order of plotting colors in the 3-D Column chart will also change(see below).
- We must NOT provide any column header for the leftmost column of the table which we need to display as X-axis in the 3-D Column chart.